It is essential you read through the guidance for licence applicants before submitting your application.
CLC Lawyer applicants must have successfully achieved:
- the CLC/SQA Diploma in Conveyancing Law and Practice Level 4, or equivalent CLC accredited units;
- the CLC/SQA Diploma in Conveyancing Law and Practice Level 6, or equivalent CLC accredited units; and
- 1200 hours practical experience; in a conveyancing practice, legal firm supervised by an “Authorised Person” i.e. a licensed conveyancer, a solicitor or a FCILEX who in either case is entitled to offer Conveyancing services directly to the public.
When submitting this form applicants MUST also provide: OR EQUIVALENT CHECKLIST
- Certified proof of identity and proof of current address (within the past 3 months ONLY)
- Certificate(s) of education and training
- Statement of Practical Experience
- Any supporting documents relating to conduct, financial and mental health disclosures
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of your email: First Qualifying Conveyancing Licence Application.
Guidance for licence applicants
It is essential you read through the guidance for licensing applicants before submitting your application.
Statement of Practical Experience
You must submit this document to evidence your practical experience when applying for your first qualifying licence.
Application for first qualifying licence
Complete the application to apply for your first qualifying licence.