This website uses cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to accept all cookies on the CLC website. You can change your settings at any time.

CLC Lawyers working whilst outside of England and Wales

CLC licence holders are permitted to provide legal services whilst living outside of England and Wales whilst they hold a current and valid licence when they are employed by a business that is a body:

  1. licensed by a Legal Regulator in England and Wales to provide conveyancing and or probate legal services in England and Wales;
  2. registered with a primary trading address in England or Wales; and
  3. indemnified under a Professional Indemnity Insurance scheme approved by a regulator of legal services in England and Wales, such as the CLC, SRA, CILEx.

Important note:

  1. The validity of a CLC licence held whilst living outside of England and Wales is dependent on verified current employment by a body that meets points 1, 2 and 3 above.
  2. CLC lawyers are required under the Notifications Code to ensure the CLC has up to date employment contact details at all times.