Practical Experience

Where can I complete my Practical Experience?

Your practical experience can be completed anywhere that deals with provision in conveyancing services headed by a qualified person. The scope of completing practical experience is not limited to a legal firm; it ranges from housing associations and legal authorities, across banks and building societies, to property development companies and even railways and airports with in-house legal departments.


How do I apply for Practical Experience?

Individuals seeking to gain practical experience should contact the person responsible for trainee recruitment within the company. You can get company names and contact details through our directory or via the SLC job search facility


When do I submit my Statement of Practical Experience?

Only after all the examinations have been successfully completed or been exempted are you required to submit a verified Statement of Practical Experience as part of your application for a first licence. Statements must be verified by a “Authorised Person” i.e., a licensed conveyancer, a licenced probate practitioner, a solicitor or a FILEX who in either case is entitled to offer Conveyancing and/or Probate services directly to the public, within the two year period prior to the date of submission of your application.


Should I continue to submit a Certificate of Practical Training on an annual basis whilst I am working to complete my Practical Experience?

No. From 01.04.2016 you ONLY need to complete the Statement of Practical Experience and provide a verified copy when you submit your application for your first licence.

This website uses cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to accept all cookies on the CLC website. You can change your settings at any time.