This website uses cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to accept all cookies on the CLC website. You can change your settings at any time.

FAQ’s on Work Experience

Where can I complete my Work Experience?

Your work experience can be completed anywhere that deals with provision in conveyancing services headed by a qualified person. The scope of completing practical experience is not limited to a legal firm; it ranges from housing associations and legal authorities, across banks and building societies, to property development companies and even railways and airports with in-house legal departments.

How do I apply for Work Experience?

Individuals seeking to gain work experience should contact the person responsible for trainee recruitment within the company. You can take a look at the CLC’s online search facility to contact local firms in your area. Make sure you take a look at our ‘My Stories’ page of the website

When do I submit my Statement of Work Experience?

Only after all the units in the Level 4 Diploma: Conveyancing Law and Practice, have been successfully completed or been exempted are you required to submit a verified Statement of Work Experience as part of your application to become a Registered Conveyancing Technician. Statements must be verified by a “Authorised Person” i.e., a licensed conveyancer, a licensed probate practitioner, a solicitor or a FILEX who in either case is entitled to offer Conveyancing and/or Probate services directly to the public, within the two year period prior to the date of submission of your application.

I have changed jobs part way through my work experience – what do I do?

This is not a problem if you have changed jobs part way through your work experience, you will need to submit two statement of work experience, one from your previous employer and one from your current employer, both signing off the areas you have covered to make up the full 6 months (equivalent to 300 hours).